Thursday, May 14, 2015

Who May Worship, Then and Now

In Psalm 15 David writes, "Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?" As I read this scripture, I hear birds singing outside. The house is quiet. There is a peace that precedes the promise of a hectic day. As I read David's question, his answer brings a ripple of disturbance into the pond of my perfect day. Who may worship in our Lord's sanctuary?
  • Those who lead blameless lives
  • Those who do what's right.
  • Those who refuse to slander others
  • Those who refuse to harm their neighbors
  • Those who refuse to speak evil of their friends
  • Those who despise persistent sinners
  • Those who honor the faithful followers of the Lord
  • Those who keep promises even when it hurts
  • Those who do not charge interest on the money they lend
  • Those who refuse to accept bribes to testify against the innocent
These are the people who will stand firm forever.

I don't know about you, but I am certainly not blameless. I am guilty of every one of these conditions. I praise God for His grace and mercy; I thank Jesus for His willingness to sacrifice Himself on the cross, for taking on my blame enabling me to join the worshippers in the Sanctuary, to enter into the Holy of Holies, into the Presence of our Lord. While I am unworthy, I may enter blameless because of the Son of God, Jesus Christ our Savior. I am truly grateful. Thank You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment