Friday, May 22, 2015

One Small Step . . . New Growth in Worshipping Through the Arts


I love it when the Lord just presents Himself thereby creating an "ah-HA!" moment. He did that to me on Tuesday, May 19, 2015. Instead of sleeping in, I found myself up and around at 5AM! Outrageous. With my first cup of coffee of the day in hand, I checked my emails and found an interesting tidbit in Scrapbooking Updates, an industry update site. The big news to me was Bella Blvd will be distributing the Illustrated Faith product line which supports Bible Journaling. Suddenly I was hooked -- I've been an avid notetaker for years and have many note-filled Bibles to prove it. But worshiping the Lord via mixed media in my wide-margined Bible? Outstanding! Liberating! Exciting!!!!! So I turned to Psalm 1 in my Wide-Margined NIV Bible only to discover a verse that screamed at me! "Journal me," it cried. So I pulled out a new stamp from Stampendous and here it is -- my first bit of Bible Journaling using my papercrafting supplies. 
The Psalm begins by saying "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners." In verse three this is compered to a tree planted by the water, yielding fruit in season, whose leaf does not wither, and who prospers at whatever he does." I had a sticker referenced Ecclesiastes 3:1 -- for everything there is a season. I am amazed at the seasons David and I have experienced during our 40 years together. We've been privileged to minister through the arts in prison, in the West Indies and throughout the Eastern Seaboard.  I look forward to seeing how He uses this form of worshiping through the arts.

As far as Illustrated Faith is concerned, we will be carrying this product line at our booth at the various Scrapbooking shows we attend along with our online store. It should be available mid July. In the meantime, I'll have some Bible Journaling products at our Christian Lifestyles/Scrappigagors booth next weekend at Too Much Fun Promotions' Syracuse, NY show.

No comments:

Post a Comment